1. Why wait until bedtime to take off your make-up and leave the gunk and free radicals wreaking havoc on your skin all evening? If you're not going anywhere, take your makeup off as soon as you get home and let your skin breathe a sigh of relief.
2. Rescue hard, hobbit-like bits of skin on your feet by rubbing lemon all over the problem areas; it will naturally exfoliate and soften soles.
3. If you like the feeling of tightness after washing your face, rethink your pleasure principles. It means that you've over-cleansed your skin, stripping it of the oils that keep it flexible and protected from spot-causing bacteria. Stick to gentle cleansing products instead.
4. Sensitive souls should look for products that contain less than 10 ingredients – this means there are fewer preservatives which can irritate skin.
5. You poor body is so often neglected when it comes to moisturiser – and then you go and blast it with a boiling-hot shower. Save your skin (and the environment) by turning down the temperature dial a couple of notches.
6. Your eyebrows are sisters, not twins, so don't spend hours trying to make them look the same, or you'll run the risk of over-plucking.
7. To find your perfect foundation colour, try a few shades on your jaw-line, grab a mirror, then step outside into natural light. Never trust fluorescent shop lights.
8. If you favourite mascara has become a bit dry, liquefy it again by placing the sealed tube in hot water.
9. Fake a manicure by applying a coat of ridge filler – its pinkish tint mimics sheer polish and it dries smooth in seconds.
10. Steer clear of magnifying mirrors when you're applying foundation; you'll see all the tiny flaws and be scared into slapping on too much. Instead, stand about a metre away from an ordinary mirror and dab on where it looks like you need it, then go up close to blend.
11. If you don't want to draw attention to those dark circles under your eyes, keep your lower lashes mascara-free. Black, cloggy eyelashes will just make shadows look worse.